As summer approaches, it's the perfect time to reassess your wardrobe and think about losing a layer. But as you refresh your look this season, there's more to remember than colour patterns, and what denim is in this season. Which fabrics you choose to wear during the warmer summer months can have a significant impact not only on your look but also on your level of comfort. Here are the best summer fabrics to navigate your wardrobe this season to help you stay cool, in more ways than one:-
1. Cotton: Famously breathable, cotton is an excellent choice for all, from blouses to cover-ups to beautiful summer dresses. It's also versatile enough to wear for daytime and evening looks.
2. Linen: In addition to being the right call for summer bedding, linen is one of the best summer fabrics to complement your wardrobe with effortlessness. For a rooftop party vibe, match linen pants with a crop top or a tank.
3. Chambray: If you love denim but want something lighter, then chambray is the perfect material for you. This fabric is originally linen-finished gingham with a slightly mottled texture.
4. Seersucker: Seersucker is technically a part of the cotton family, a thin, lightly puckered fabric that is fantastically lightweight. This material is also an eminent choice for summer dresses, besides a mainstay of garden parties and boating attire.
5. Jersey: Drapey and malleable, the jersey is one of the best summer fabrics of all time. Jersey is also a great choice for lightweight cover-ups and beach-ready sweaters besides breezy dresses and casual tunics.
So now have an energetic summer with this guide to fabrics!