Matching traditional attire with a western touch never seems to go out of fashion. If you simply browse for trendy Indian fashion on Insta and FB, you will notice Girls these days invest a lot in Anarkalis and Lehengas. But also for Millenials, the fact remains, once posted a picture on the “Gram”, repeating the attire again is a big no. Well, nothing can change a look faster than the way of draping a dupatta and voila! here’s a sparkling new outfit. So now the same traditional outfit can be worn more frequently by tailoring the dupatta in a new way. We think these seven latest ways for re-using your dupatta might just win your Insta day!
- Free Falling: - Draping the dupatta as a free fall from both the shoulders without any pleats or creases is one of the most aesthetic and simplest styles. It brings instant grace to one’s persona. A georgette dupatta can work well for this look.
- Stole: - A chic way to style the dupatta for an everyday look. It just needs to be draped around the neck in v-shape. A phulkari dupatta can be a good choice for this effortless look.
- Cape: - On a lehenga, one can wear the dupatta like a cape by spreading it over the shoulders from behind. This modish look can be created with the help of a net dupatta.
- Head Covering: - An archaic and traditional way to wear the dupatta by covering it over the head and letting the rest of the material fall on the shoulders. This appealing style can be created with a bandhani dupatta.
- One side: - A bit difficult to gather the pleats at one side of the shoulder and then tucking it with a safety pin, but in the end, it is the most manageable way. The style can be matched on top of palazzo and churidar with a kalamkari dupatta.
- Around the arms: - Throw the dupatta from the back of the arms instead of wearing it on the shoulder. This royal and regal look can be done with a bandhani silk dupatta
- Choker: - A sensuous and delicate look that can be created by placing the dupatta on the high neckline. A chiffon dupatta would be perfect for this look.
We’d like to see once you’ve tried these. Don’t forget to tag us on Insta for some extra love from us. In case you got a special Dupatta style, hit us with the info and we will give you a shoutout.