It’s that time of year when the temperatures drop into the single digits, and our favourite part of the season is undoubtedly the fashion! As a result, it appears like it’s time to get out your cute and cozy sweaters, turtlenecks, and boots!
We adore layering and, more importantly, having a statement piece of outerwear that lets you stand out in this season’s sea of monotonous black and brown coats.
If you can’t locate ready-made or mass-produced winter jackets that fit your taste, the best option is to source suitable winter fabrics and create your own.
Read on to discover our top fabric options for this winter season, which will suit your own style and needs!
- Quilted Fabric:- Quilted fabric is made up of two layers of fabric that are filled with batting (insulation material) and stitched together in a signature quilted pattern to keep you warm in the winter. Quilted fabrics are a wonderful choice if you want warmth without the weight of wool, and they're frequently used to manufacture Puffer Jackets, which, despite their light weight, are ideal for the winter. Puffer jackets are also suitable for slightly cooler months, making them ideal for the transition from autumn to winter. This winter, wear a Patchwork quilted jacket for a quirky, Bohemian look!
- Woolen Tweed:- What better way to embrace your inner mysterious intellect than by wearing a dark tweed jacket, especially with the 'Dark Academia' look making the rounds on social media? Tweed fabric obtains its distinctive patterns and designs from a weaving technique that uses various coloured threads to create squares and vertical lines. Tartan Checks are the most popular tweed pattern, but other fascinating patterns like Poly Tweed and Houndstooth weave are also available. Tweed can be made into stylish jackets and overcoats to keep you warm this winter, but our favourite is the co-ord set!
- Corduroy:- Corduroy fabric takes its name from the elevated "cords" on the fabric, which are formed by stitching together several cords that are laid parallel to each other. Corduroy is a coarse wool fabric that was designed in 18th century England to help people survive the harsh winters. Corduroy is a fantastic choice for winter because it comes in a range of colours and is softer than other warm fabrics. Corduroy is also highly popular because it can be turned into coats, pants, and even overalls for the colder months! This season, we're especially fond of the anti-fit corduroy jacket, which allows you to experiment with your silhouette.
- Double Cloth:- A double cloth is an excellent winter investment because it is thick, heavy, and keeps you warm. The weaving process that ensures that the cloth has two layers of unique materials that are often reversible gives it the label "double cloth." So, this winter, get ready to move from day to night in your fabulous double cloth jackets!
- Denim:- Denim is one of the most versatile fabrics for any season, but it's especially useful in the winter. They're the ideal alternative for keeping your winter attire simple yet elegant! Denims controlled the fashion world in the 1990s, and their allure has never faded. Because of the fresh and unique denim jacket styles, one could even conclude that denims are making a comeback! The hooded denim jackets and denim trench coats are two of our favourites!
- Kataan Silk:- Do you enjoy attending winter events but find that your outfits are overshadowed by your outerwear? Then Kataan Silk is the place to go! Katan silk is a thick silk fabric claimed to have originated in Persia during the Mughal Empire. The fabric has a silky sheen and provides the thickness and warmth that you need in the winter. So, this winter wedding season, dazzle the wedding guests and enhance your look with the glittering Kataan silk jackets!
So, wait for what? Get your hands on the above fabrics and get your favorite attires stitched before the Christmas party!