Every year we get pretty excited to revamp our wardrobe when the summer melts into the fall. We love the easy, breezy fashion with warm weather— but the cool, crisp autumn air is just giving us so many options. However, when fall turns into winter and multiple layers become compulsory as opposed to an option, we start running out of really fast cute cold-weather outfits. But guess what? Just because it's cold out, it doesn't mean that we have to resign ourselves collectively to give up on style— it just means that when we get dressed in the morning we all have to think a little more creatively. So here are some ways to keep going:-
- Become a layering pro- There's always a reason why layering is on-trend in winter: when it's really cold, it's a massively comfortable way to dress. So don't be afraid to stack the layers. For example, a turtleneck under a sweater, a jacket, a coat will certainly keep you warm. Same way throw a pair of tights or sheer stockings under a pair of ripped jeans.
- Let the boots talk- It really boils down to a nice pair of boots in the winter fashion. Having a great pair of over-the-knee boots? Show them off by contrasting with a short dress. Do you want to make sure the world gets to see killer ankle boots? Pair them with jeans or a dress cuffed.
- Belt the coat- By mid-winter; it's pretty inevitable that when it comes to putting on your boring old winter coat day after day, you'll start to feel some tiredness. Add new life to your coat by just belting it. Cinching your waist will almost make it look like you've got a brand new coat. The best news of all: this styling trick works with just about every sort of coat.
- Showstopper hat- Your first winter impulse is to splurge on a pair of boots or a coat but we're here to advise you to search high and low for your dream’s winter hat as well. You will be in that thing from here on for a good two months (not to mention that it will be the first thing people will notice about you), so it should be something you enjoy.
- Experiment with scarf- Scarves can be worn in a lot more ways than simply wrapped around your neck, and winter is the perfect time to experiment. Drape your collarbones with a chunky, knitted scarf and let it hang down your shoulders.
So be no ordinary this winter. Glam up all day, every day!